Gooey and super fudgey brownies baked with a ton of love and mini peppermint patties to give it that extra Christmas kick! Topped with whipped cream and crushed peppermint candies, these Peppermint Hot Cocoa Brownies are the perfect treat on a cozy winter night!
Well, my jeans a feeling a little tighter. That’s how I know Christmas is almost here. Only 17 more sleeps people! We’re over that Thanksgiving holiday hump and shopping plazas are getting crazy cramped. I’ts been getting harder to grocery shop at my beloved Target lately. I feel a little lazy though…I haven’t really started my Christmas shopping yet! Eeek! I’ve done a few purchases online here and there but I haven’t hit the stores and elbowed my way through those treacherous aisles. I’ll be honest…I’m not ready to battle with those crazy and desperate holiday shopping moms. I keep seeing that 1980’s footage of violent grown adults fighting each other for the last Cabbage Patch Doll. That being said, I better suit up and start before I become one of those crazy desperate moms!
By suiting up, I mean getting a huge helping of my new favorite brownie. Peppermint Hot Cocoa Brownies. Who doesn’t love peppermint paired with dark chocolate. If you say no, leave the premises immediately. Or stay and check these out.
- 1 package of Ghirardelli Double Chocolate brownie mix
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup oil
- ¼ cup water
- ⅓ cup chopped Peppermint Patties
- Preheat oven to 325 F and grease a 9x9 baking dish.
- In a large bowl mix together the brownie mix, egg, oil and water.
- At this point you can either mix in the chopped peppermint patties or pour the batter in the prepared 9x9 pan and sprinkle the peppermint patties on top.
- Bake for about 40 minutes.
- Let cool and slice into squares. Top with whipped cream and crushed peppermint candies and chocolate chips.
Some more holiday treats: