Chewy and dense white chocolate chip cookies smothered in salted caramel sauce and topped with a toasted marshmallow. The ultimate holiday drink in cookie form! Warm up tonight with these Caramel White Hot Chocolate Cookies.
Just like one of my favorite Christmas songs, It’s definitely beginning to look a lot like Christmas. The Perry Como version of course. As soon as Target gets their Christmas goodies up in the back of the store, my insides squeal like a little girl. This time of year is absolutely perfect. Except for one thing. No snow here in Orlando. Bummer. No snow equals no toasty hot drinks made of dreams. Also known as hot chocolate. So…I did what any sugar fiend would do! I made hot chocolate into a cookie!
In all the excitement of my bright (and original for sure) idea, I googled hot chocolate cookies just to check. A bazillion different versions came up. Boo. This seems to happen a lot, but after reading a post over at Love From the Oven I said to myself, “To heck with originality! If it tastes good make it and share it!” But since I’m scared of the recipe blogging police, I shook things up a bit.
I didn’t see many White Hot Chocolate Cookies and to make sure I wasn’t stepping on anyone’s toes. Bam…Salted caramel to spice things up. They turned out awesome. It’s a chewy white chocolate chip cookie that gets broiled right at the end while it’s smothered with salted caramel and squished with a gooey marshmallow. Read that sentence back to yourself and ponder how violent and painful that would sound to a cookie. Oh well, in the name of Christmas!
- ¾ cup softened butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 8 oz white chocolate chips
- Salted Caramel and Marshmallows for the toppings
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Beat together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla until blended.
- On low, blend in the flour mixture.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Using a cookie scoop, drop tablespoons of the cookie dough on cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 minutes and take out of the oven.
- Set your oven to broil on high.
- Spoon about a teaspoon of salted caramel on each cookie and top with a jumbo marshmallow. (I cut each marshmallow in half)
- Broil until the marshmallows get golden brown then take out to cool.