You can most definitely say that key lime pie is the key to my husband’s soul. It’s his ultimate weakness. Every year for his birthday, Christmas, our wedding anniversary, and Father’s Day, his little wish list is simple. Key Lime Pie. I have it pretty easy, and it comes with the added bonus of getting some. If he lets me.
I always feel like I’m trying to give up on my first love. Coffee. It’s hard guys. That smell of fresh brewed coffee with my favorite creamer…I’m done. Even though you mess with my skin and give me the jitters, I just can’t quit you! Whenever I’m on that “down with coffee” kick, I always reach for my second favorite hot drink. The good ‘ole Earl Grey standby. With cream of course. I’ve been trying all sorts of teas lately so I’ve been feeling totally British.
So what goes best with a nice cup of tea? These Lemon Scones with Strawberry Glaze of course! I know you saw that coming. So if you want to feel perfectly British, grab your favorite tea and make these scones. They’re incredibly tender and have the perfect lemon bite to them. My favorite part is that crunchy top from the sprinkle of sugar right before baking.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 stick of cold unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- ⅓ cup sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon coarse salt
- ¾ cup plus 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups of Powdered Sugar
- 1 cup Finely Chopped Strawberries
- 1 teaspoon milk
- Preheat your oven to 400 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- With your mixer, combine the flour, butter, sugar, baking powder and salt until it resembles wet sand.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the ¾ cup of cream, 2 eggs, lemon zest and vanilla extract.
- Add the cream mixture to the flour mixture until just incorporated.
- Take the dough out of the bowl and form into a flat disc about 8 inches across and 1½ inches thick. Using a large knife, cut into 8 wedges and transfer to the parchment paper.
- Make an egg wash with an egg and the 3 tablespoons of cream and brush the tops. Sprinkle a generous amount of sugar.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes until the tops are golden brown.
- In a food processor combine all ingredients into the glaze. Add more sugar for a thicker glaze. Drizzle on top of scones.
A luscious chocolate bundt cake full of peanut butter chips and dark chocolate chips. Smothered in chocolate and peanut butter ganache, this Chocolate Peanut Butter Bundt cake looks so indulgent you’ll be shocked at how easy it is!
This May will mark our family’s one year anniversary of living in Dubai. I’m shocked at how that creeped up on us. We absolutely love it here and we won’t be moving back to the States anytime soon, mostly because my husband has at least 5 years of work left! Dubai is growing like crazy and they’ve been on a theme park craze lately. (Chris is a project manager for an indoor theme park that’s being built) It’s only one of the may under construction right now.