Sweet madeleines that have turned spooky! A light buttery vanilla madeleine wrapped with vanilla buttercream frosting and two mini chocolate chips for eyes. These simple and adorable Vanilla Mummy Madeleines are perfect for Halloween!
My son’s pre-school Halloween party is coming up next week and I’m excited about making a creepy dessert for his classmates. Oliver (my little taste tester) has been sampling my Halloween treats all month. His verdict is…everything has been “too spooky”. As much as I love making little kids squeel and run away, Oliver has advised me to keep it cute. I think these Vanilla Mummy Madeleines fit the bill. They’re so adorable they surely won’t scare the kiddos away. Not like these devils. Or these guys.
- 2 large room temperature eggs
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 8 tbsp butter, melted and cooled (I used unsalted, but salted would work too)
- 1 cup room temperature unsalted butter
- 6-8 cups powdered sugar
- ½ cup cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Set oven to 375F.
- Lightly grease and flour your madeleine pan.
- Beat eggs and sugar together until thick.
- Beat in vanilla and salt.
- Sift flour and baking powder into bowl and fold together until mixed.
- Stream in melted butter while mixing on low.
- Spoon a tablespoon of batter into each cavity.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Be careful to not over bake.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before removing.
- Make sure pan has cooled before baking the next batch.
- With your paddle attachment of your electric mixer, beat butter until light and fluffy.
- Add 6 cups of the powdered sugar with cream and vanilla.
- Mix slowly until its blended well, then beat on high for 2-3 minutes.
- Add more sugar one cup at a time until desired consistency.
- With a flat piping tip, pipe the mummy cloth on the madeleines and then use two mini chocolate chips for eyes.
More Halloween Goodies: