Oh, America how I miss thee. I miss your Christmas decorations that come way too early, your change of seasons, and your mountains of canned pumpkin puree. That last part is really pulling on my heart strings. I live in Dubai, and canned pumpkin does not come easily. At home I usually can grab some year round and go pumpkin crazy. In Dubai, not so much.
No worries Luke! This Wampa may be huge, but he doesn’t have any arms that need cutting off. Your’e safe. So go change your jedi underpants before anyone notices. Now Luke can have his revenge yet again. This time though, it’s the sweet kind.
Last week I posted a super easy and adorable tutorial for these Ferrero Rocher Chocolate Spiders. I made my favorite chocolate cupcakes and topped them with the hairy coconut chocolate spiders. My son Oliver, who has inherited my really crazy, borderline ridiculous obsession for chocolate, still would not go near these guys. I guess no matter how delicious something is, if it has eight legs you squeal and run away. And that’s exactly what my four year old did. I just shrugged and ate his cupcake.
These little guys were so easy to make (little patience required) and will make everyone giggle at your next Halloween party. At first glance you’ll have to take a second look. These little guys are creepy! But in an “Omigosh you’re so yummy, get in my mouth” kind of way.
Start by toasting some sweetened coconut for a little bit. While the coconut is toasting, melt your dark chocolate in a double boiler or a microwave. Pour melted goodness in a piping bag and snip the end off. No need for a piping tip.
Take those chilly spider bodies and drizzle some melted chocolate on the side. Now this is where you have to move quick. The chocolate spider legs are going to want to melt in your warm fingers. Place a spider leg carefully onto the melted chocolate. 4 on each side of course! We want to be anatomically correct.
- 1 package of Ferrero Rocher Chocolates
- ¼ cup toasted coconut
- 4 oz. melted dark chocolate
- candy pearls
- Set oven to 350 F and toast coconut on baking sheet for 8-10 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Melt chocolate in microwave or double boiler. Fill a piping bag and snip the tip off.
- Slice each Ferror Rocher candy in half.
- Dip the candies in the dark chocolate. Top with toasted coconut. Place them in freezer to harden.
- On parchment paper, pipe out little V's with the chocolate. Put those in the freezer to harden.
- Once the spider bodies have set, drizzle melted chocolate on each side and secure four legs on each side of the body.
- Attach little eyes to the front.